Thursday, October 11, 2012

31 Days of Halloween: Nethermead


For today's 31 Days of Halloween I'm going to shamelessly plug a spooky little horror movie adapted from my very own short story, "Nethermead."

I'm tremendously excited to announce that Nethermead has been adapted into a short film by Soren Bailey and will screen at Indie Screen in New York City this Saturday, October 13th.

Nethermead, which was featured in my horror collection Boroughs of the Dead, tells the eerie tale of a woman who gets lost while walking in Prospect Park at dusk. Is she mad? Is she dreaming? Is she dead?

You can read the story in full, for free, over here Flashes In The Dark

It's a creepy, ambiguous little tale and I can't wait to watch the film. It'll be my first viewing of the finished production, and it should be a lot of fun to see how the director interpreted my personal brand of insanity. Soren and I worked together previously on Postures, a comedy short about a yoga cult.

If you aren't in NYC, the film should be up on Vimeo soon enough, and I'll be sure to link to it when it's up. In the meantime, here's a clip of it on YouTube.

If you are in the city and want to attend the screening, please RSVP on the film's Facebook page... and be careful walking in the park after dark....


No comments: