Tuesday, November 06, 2007

"I'm Tired Of Being Bullied By Modern Things"

My friend Greg Levey over at The Contrary Son wrote something nice about the Spinster, and included the only known photograph of me in his post. "When a friend of mine starts a blog," he wrote, "and I discover that their writing is atrocious, it’s horribly embarrassing. (Especially if they keep writing it, totally unaware.) But when someone like Spinster Aunt starts one, and you discover that they are actually amazingly good, it’s a very nice surprise."

You hear that? NOT ATROCIOUS. That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said about me.

In other news, my dear friend the Dog Lady of Toronto is feeling vexed at Blogger's apparent insistence that she have a Google account or some such nonsense in order to post a comment. "I'm tired," she sighs, "Of being bullied by modern things."

A phrase that struck me as so pretty I had to share it. She is highly gifted in the turn-of-phrase department.

OK, enough self-reflexive stuff ...

No comments: