Sunday, November 14, 2010

Spinster Travelogue: Green-Wood Cemetery

We all know how much I love cemeteries (I'm sure I've alluded to rambling madly over the tomb-strewn hillocks of Green-Wood before) but as I am camera-averse and rarely document anything, I have never actually bothered to post photos of the excellent locale.

Until now:


This is one of my favorite, and most vampirey-looking graves.



A tree. No more, no less. I thought the color was rather nice.



Surely Aunt Abbey was a Spinster Aunt, no?



The grave of Charlotte Canda, which I walked past many times without noticing. Why? Because the False Japanese Cedar always stole my attention. Incidentally, I have written rather an excellent ghost story about Charlotte and her diabolical aunt. (Disclaimer: there is nothing anywhere in written history that proves her aunt was diabolical. This is merely a figment of my fevered imagination.)



The chapel. I like the dusky autumn light.



Again, color!


The path of life leads but to the grave!