Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The last mosquito that bit me had to book into the Betty Ford Clinic.


It's Joanna Lumley's birthday today! AbFab's Patsy is one of my all-time favorite TV spinsters; I will never get tired of your champagne-swilling, pill popping ways, darling. You do us proud and are an inspiration to glamorous spinsters everywhere.

Here are some heart-warming quotes:
Eddie: [to Saffy] Oh, darling, Mummy loves you. On the day you were born I *knew* I wanted you...
Patsy: However, the day after...


Patsy: What will you drink if you stop drinking?
Eddie: I shall drink water.
[pause]
Eddie: It's a mixer, Pats. We have it with whiskey... I mean, YOU've given up drinking before.
Patsy: Worst eight hours of my life.


Patsy: Darling, you are a fabulous, wonderful individual, and remember, I've known you longer than your daughter has.

Happy birthday, sweetie darling.

No comments: