Sunday, April 22, 2007

Queens Noir


I'm so excited about the forthcoming Queens Noir anthology from Akashic Books. They do a whole series of noir, with each book set in a different city. It sounds like an incredibly fun series. Brooklyn Noir is already in its third, highly-acclaimed, volume (Pete Hamill's short story, The Book Signing, was an Edgar nominee).

My reading list grows ever longer! Luckily, I can sneak these short stories in between novels. Here's the link: http://www.akashicbooks.com/noirseries.htm

But wait, I almost forgot the best part. Not only is my adopted borough featured in the series, but my native town is also represented -- Toronto Noir! I couldn't be happier, and I hope this gives some Canadian writers their due. No author info is available on the site yet, but this gal hopes to see lots of fresh Canadian talent. We're a dark, twisted people.

No comments: